Place-Based Storytelling is a lively, informative guide to creating and telling engaging, multimedia stories about people and events at specific locations. In this course, you’ll record, edit, and publish your own story using shoMe, a platform for creating and sharing rich, interactive real-world journeys. You’ll discover the tools necessary to bring your stories to life and connect them to specific physical locations, so that you can apply your knowledge to your continued journey as a storyteller. What you will learn:
- Techniques for choosing a story to tell
- Structures that add power to your story
- Effective ways to use details, tension and surprise
- Tactics for writing engaging scripts and audio recordings
- Tips for selecting the right software and equipment for your project
You can join as an individual, or as a team looking to create an audio tour centered around a specific theme. The course will include video lectures, short content quizzes, peer review, and self assessment as well as a final audio project. You are highly encouraged, but not required to publish your content in order to pass the course.