Illustrator introduction for beginners or illustrators who want to learn more about illustrator. Learn the essentials!
What you'll learn:
- Design illustrations with Adobe Illustrator
- Use the various tools of Illustrator
- Stylize and customize type and shapes in Illustrator
- Apply gradients, warp effects, blends, and other styles to shapes in Illustrator
Learn Illustrator and start creating logos, infographics, vector art and more illustrations today!
In this course, students learn the essentials of Illustrator, the industry-standard vector software, including
- formatting and stylizing type
- creating custom shapes
- applying effects and styles
- drawing with the brush and pen tools
- tracing over photos
- creating basic logos
- using the various tools in Illustrator, including when to use certain ones
- creating patterns, blends, and more
I've used Illustrator for years as a freelance graphic designer, and I've also used Illustrator when I was Internet Development Director at an award-winning advertising design firm. While I was Managing Editor of two international graphic design magazines, one of the magazines I oversaw focused on Illustrator.
For the past eight years, as I've continued freelance work, I've taught students Illustrator and logo design in classes such as Layout and Design, as a full-time university professor.
I have a BA in Communication, an MA in Journalism and Media Studies, a PhD in Communication, and a passion for teaching.
Enroll now and let's get started learning and illustrating!