Learn to read, analyze annual reports , 10K reports, Annual Information Forms, Management Discussion analysis.
What you'll learn:
- structure of annual reports
- stock exchange regulatory requirements
- how to read annual reports
- how to anlalyse annual reports
- what information is found and what is usually missing from reports and where to find missing information
- using analysis techniques to understand what company is hiding
- financial statement analysis of APPLE and Southwest airlines
Listed companies are bound by duty to provide all necessary information to stakeholders in order to understand companies' performance. Some stock exchanges have dedicated formats and requirements while others have broad guidelines.
Reporting requirements however includes a minimum of
- Companies product information, competitors, market risks, and road strategies
- Management report explaining key aspects of companies performance (management, however, may not report all issues and materiality definition is vague)
- Audited financial statements.
Annual reports are quite large documents with a full load of information. Investors and stakeholders can not trust all information and disclosure prima facie. hence they need to understand the structure of annual reports, what section contains what kind of information.
Users need a logical approach in getting around with the annual report, in this course, we will teach you that approach with practical example and follow along the process.
We used APPLE inc as a case study and South West airlines as an example.
Take this course and let us know if you have any other idea and suggestion to add here
What you will learn?
structure of annual reports
stock exchange regulatory requirements
how to read annual reports
how to anlalyse annual reports
what information is found and what is usually missing from reports and where to find missing information
using analysis techniques to understand what company is hiding
financial statement analysis of APPLE and Southwest airlines