What you'll learn:
- Understand the basics of financial statements that are useful for a project manager.
- Understand the important financial concepts useful in business.
- Use these financial analysis techniques in an innovative manner in the age of big data.
- Learn various project evaluation techniques such as Net Present Value (NPV), Return on Investment (ROI), Pay Back Period and how to apply them for making the right business decisions.
- Learn how to keep a track of your project by proper forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis.
What do you do when you have to present a comparative project profitability to your boss? Can you have a quick glance at the financial statements of your company or your project and talk about the the ROI, gross margins, net margins? Can you quickly spot the places where your project needs improvement? If you face all these questions, you have come to the right place. In this course, we will learn:
1. How to speak the language of finance.
2. Learn to understand financial statements and make a meaningful interpretation of effective business decisions.
3. Understand various project evaluation techniques such as Net Present Value, Internal Rate of Return, Earned Value Analysis, Pay Back Periodand many others.
4. Use these techniques to compare your company or project with the rival company or projects
5. Carry out budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis at each stepof the project.
6. Use financial data to defend budget requests.
7. Avoid running out of cash.
8. Avoid putting too much faith in the numbers.