What you'll learn:
- Perform industry analysis
- Execute competitor analysis
- Apply the Five forces model
- Assess the bargaining power of suppliers and clients
- Understand the threat of substitute products and new industry entrants
- Apply Game theory in practice
- Study how competitors behave: Cooperation or Competition
- Focus on the way companies acquire a competitive advantage
- Study the three main competitive strategies: Cost leadership, DIfferentiation, and Niche
- Discuss the advantages of vertical and horizontal integration
- Learn how to perform a SWOT analysis in practice
If you want to be a business owner or a corporate executive whose job involves business decisions, then you will certainly need to master three fundamental disciplines:
Management and Leadership
There is no way around that. It is possible to be an entrepreneur and a CEO with an engineering background and without an MBA or a business degree; what is not possible is being either of those things without having a clue about:
The industry lifecycle model and its four stages: Introduction, Growth, Maturity, and Decline
Porter’s five forces model
The bargaining power of buyers
The bargaining power of clients
The threat of new entrants
The threat of substitute products
The typical company lifecycle
What a competitive advantage is
How to choose the optimal competitive strategy: Cost leadership, Differentiation, or Niche
The dangers of pursuing a hybrid strategy
How to choose whether to grow organically or through M&A
The difference between horizontal and vertical integration
The advantages and dangers of outsourcing
How to apply a SWOT analysis in practice
These are interesting and important topics and you can’t expect to build a solid business if you have not studied them in detail.
This is precisely why this is an excellent course! Each of these concepts is explained in a clear and effective way and we touch on all topics with the necessary level of detail.
The course contains plenty of real-life examples, which makes it even more fun and easy to understand. In addition, we have prepared a ton of supplemental resources for you: quiz questions with explanations, course notes, PDF files, and so on.
So, what are you waiting for?
Click the “Take this course” button and let’s begin this journey together!