A tutorial on how to do Basic Tax Preparation
What you'll learn:
- Learn how to organize for tax preparations. Includes lists, guidelines for preparer and file structure. A quick overview of the documents needed and how to organize them to be efficient in work.
- Learn 21 Accounting fundamentals in Excel
- How to format excel for printing to PDF or paper
- Lean how to do basic tax groupings
- Learn how to prepare basic Schedule C
- Learn how to use pivot tables and Sum IF function to create a profit and loss statement
Work Paper organization is a first step to preparing quality tax and accounting and this course teaches the process. Also get to improve your excel skills along the way. Work papers summarize, explain, calculate, and reference to tax filings and to the source of the glorious information. Better work papers... Better work quality... Better clients... And better pay. I frequently get asked how to break into a CPA firm or get a better accounting job.
This course is a step to make the bridge between academics and making some money in a better position. This not only helps aspiring staff but owners looking to handle more complex work at scale. We will focus on tax, as this is most applicable to smaller firms like mine and tax is a great way to break into the profession. Organizing segments otherwise overwhelming jobs into small tasks and makes the seemingly daunting project manageable. This field to some extent is a methodology of financial organization, so let me show you what goes on behind the scenes of the numbers.
I am John Gillingham CPA, founder of Accounting Play where we use apps and courses to teach real world accounting, tax and, bookkeeping skills. This course is inspired from my need to teach my own staff and is a culmination of over a decade of experience. The course also comes with valuable downloads to enhance the traditional lessons. Join me in taking this important step for your education and career. Be sure to checkout the other Accounting Play apps and courses and leave feedback. It is greatly appreciated.