Developing Emotional Intelligence Program (Course 1 of 5)
What you'll learn:
- Recognize the importance of emotions in determining intelligence.
- Match the physiological reactions to the corresponding emotions.
- Choose the statements that describe how the emotional control center works.
- Differentiate between emotional intelligence and IQ.
- Recognize the value of managing emotions.
- Match the behaviors with the three styles of dealing with emotions.
- Choose statements that describe what happens when someone is angry.
- Identify the emotional effects of anxiety and worry.
- Recognize the importance of being emotionally competent.
- Identify the characteristics that contribute to emotional competency.
- Choose the statements that accurately describe empathy.
- Match the behaviors with the social skills that enhance emotional intelligence.
- Recognize the importance of being emotionally literate.
- Identify the manner in which genetics and temperament are related to emotional literacy.
- Identify the problems caused by emotional illiteracy.
- Select the methods that can be used to educate the emotions.
The Defining Emotional Intelligence course is the first of five included in the Developing Emotional Intelligence Program, also presented as individual courses for your convenience.
Deep feelings and emotions act as necessary guides when humans face situations too important to defer to the intellect alone. Situations that arouse such emotional responses include:
suffering a painful loss,
pursuing goals despite frustration,
bonding with fellow humans,
building a family.
In all decision-making and action situations, feelings count as much, if not more, than rational thought. In fact, there has been far too much emphasis on rational thought (IQ) in the past when evaluating human behavior and potential.
In this course you'll gain an understanding of the emotional intelligence theory, and you'll explore the basis of emotional intelligence by examining the following four areas:
That’s it! Now go ahead and push that “Take this course” button, and see you on the inside!