What you'll learn:
- Save you hours of work by showing exactly which technology to use & how to use it!
- Understand how the pedagogy and goals of online education is radically different from classroom teaching
- Become familiar with the LMS standards for excellent online education
- Create stimulating online educational experiences which ensures that students are learning, not just listening
- Know the difference between talking about content and teaching
- Feel confident about using technology
- Inspire students to absorb material, think for themselves and find other applications for the materials
- Learn which forms of technology are available for online education
- Know what resources and tech can be helpful, and which can be hurtful
- Learn how to create an online community of learners
- Learn time-saving tricks that help the instructor and the students
- Join a network of other online educators and collaborate in our discussion forum, where you can ask questions and learn best-practices from colleagues
- Connect with many great resources that can help you plan and create your online modules
- Discover additional tools that you can use free of charge
- Learn to best spend your time focusing on education and not get stuck in the technology side of online education
- Recognize and avoid the "scammy" behaviors of untrained e-learning specialist
- Learn how to communicate with students using major platforms rather than individual emails
- Leverage social media in the appropriate fashion to engage students
- Create online communities for bloggers, or those doing content creation or internet marketing
- Learn to develop content using multiple platforms
This is the only crash course you will ever need to learn how to become a master online educator, where the students are the focus - not the technology!
Based on years of research in higher education and online pedagogy, this course is designed to maximize every student's learning experience and help instructors learn the best ways to develop curricula and content. This course will be helpful for bloggers, and internet marketers as well - looking to create an online presence and community.
Anyone can talk into a camera or provide facts and information, but online learning truly struggles to compete with the attention and interests of students. Therefore, rather than just supplying information and hoping that students delve in and grasp it - this course empowers you with 12 tools for excellence in stimulating and capturing the interest of your students - no matter what subject you are teaching. Whether you are a professor, coach or trainer, this course will help you learn the ideal approach for opening a student's mind in an online environment and show the exact tools, resources, and technology you should and should NOT be using for online learning.
This course guarantees to give you the skills, perspective and confidence to:
- Easily create engaging lessons that trigger the learning process
- Avoid the 3 biggest mistakes in online course design
- Plug into the mind of the student
- Learn which digital resources and technology should be used
- Tutorial on how to use the technology
- Learn to simplify the student’s learning experience
- Discover how to save precious time by using what works