Comprehensive Nginx deployment to Kubernetes on AWS by using kops and terraform
What you'll learn:
- Deploy Kubernetes cluster in AWS.
- Learn how to use Kops to spin up Kubernetes cluster.
- Learn how to use Terraform to run immutable infrastructure.
- Learn deployment concepts in Kubernetes.
- Learn how to get inside Docker container, watch logs.
- Use knowledge learned throughout this course in another cloud providers than just AWS.
- Learn about horizontally scaled deployment in Kubernetes.
- Learn how to deploy NGINX web server with their custom content to Kubernetes in form of Docker container.
- Learn how to see logs, get inside the Docker container within the pod in Kubernetes.
Kubernetesas theorchestration platform for not onlyDocker containers is gaining more momentumeveryday especially in DevOps like world. Besides othermain orchestration systems Kubernetes canbe considered as one of the most popular one. All big cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud, Azure havealready more or less adopted Kubernetesas a part of their portfolio and services. Kubernetes and Docker containers altogether create an ideal ecosystemfor deploying micro services - which seems to be the model for next generation applications.
When thinking about containers and horizontally scalableapplications we might be taking into account alsosome other other software such as Terraform whichhelps us tremendously to keep our infrastructure (independentof cloud provider)in immutable state. There are some officially supported tools like "kops"which handin handwithTerraform makes the Kuberentes deployment to AWS extraordinary easy and comprehensive and makes DevOpspeople lives super easy.
The main goal ofthis course is to provide a comprehensive explanation to the people who are trulywilling to deepdive in Kubernetes and Docker world andperhaps aspiring for DevOps carrier. In order to achieve this goal I havedecided to use NGINX web serverexamplesthroughout this course - just becauseyear back I was amazed by valuewhich is delivered by web server itself. Imagine that every businessin the world is serving their content via somekind of this powerful piece of software. Nowadays, we can take an advantage of deploying and scaling of docerizedmainly Open Sourceweb serversto Kubernetes at any cloud provider you can think of.
I hope you guys are going to enjoy this course and I am certain that anybody is more than good enough to completethis course. Crossed fingers and which you the best!