What you'll learn:
- Develop a deeper appreciation for the way Paul presents his message as a prisoner for Christ in this powerful epistle.
- Discern the implications of Paul's message as you look at the present age and manner of life around you
- Understand the heart of Paul's message to the Ephesian church
- Apply the contents and principles of the letter to your own inner life of devotion
- Present a coherent summary of this letter of which seeks to bring together the realities of 'heaven' and 'earth'
- Learn to live out your commitment to King Jesus with the new reality of the one family of God
Prof. N.T. Wright, renowned biblical scholar and historian, will walk you through Paul's Letter to the Ephesians. This course begins with the big picture of God's ultimate intention of bringing forth the joining of 'heaven' and 'earth', reuniting what had been fractured long ago. Paul explains that, through the Messiah, God has brought together one new humanity. This new family of God will lead to a different way of thinking, speaking, and living. In addition, attention is given to the reality of the unseen world as it plays out in the lives of this New Family which lives in unity and holiness.Dig deep into the New Testament through studying this wonderful and practical epistle.
This course is meant to take around thirteen weeks to complete. While you may take the course at your own pace, you are encouraged to take time to reflect upon the material presented in the textbook and in the lectures.
The textbook is Prof. Wright's commentary on Ephesians in thePaul for Everyoneseries published by John Knox Press in the U.S. and SPCK in the UK.
The structure of the course includes:
Lectures by Prof. Wright
Practice exercises to help you integrate what you learn with your everyday way of thinking and living
Interaction with Prof. David Seemuth, your co-instructor for the course
Interaction with the biblical text itself
If you are interested in a deeper knowledge of this important letter from the apostle Paul, then you will want to enroll in this course.