What you'll learn:
- write user defined functions
- write stored procedures
- simulate some of the analytic (window) functions
- work with cursors
- use the right indexes and partitions
- write advanced & beautiful queries
I designed this course especially for those who already know the basics andwonder how to get to the next level. Maybe you’re a BI analyst, IT specialist, QA analyst, automation tester, DB admin, aspiring data scientist or just passionate to learn SQL. You’ll learn how to use analytic functions, how to take advantage of table partitioning, how to write user-defined functions, procedures with cursors and even how to write beautiful code. All of that with the focus on themost popular open-source database: MySQL.
In this course, we’ll write the code & MySQLqueries together. I prepared 2 test databases, 70+ lectures, 4+ hours of videoand lots of examples and practices so that you can learn advanced SQL techniques by writing the code. You’ll not learn just by watching meand eating pop-corn. You need to write the queries, and I’ll help you! I believe that’s the only way for you toadopt this new knowledge.
At the end of this courseyou willnot just know these advanced techniques, but also know how to use them in practice.
Anyways, you havenothing to lose.Try this course and if you can honestly say that you learnednothing, just email Udemy, andthey will give you a 100% refund within 30 days.
- "The course was great. Now, I write beautiful queries, using coding style conventions and best practices."-Mauro
- Last course update: March 2017
- Video quality: Very high(1080p HD,1920x1080)
- Length:Over 5 hours
We'll go through my personal best practices in writing advancedSQL code which Iadopted in the last years. Thus someof the videosare long and content-heavy. I had to divide some of theminto threeparts because of Udemy's limit of 20 mins/video.
If you are a BIdeveloper, automation tester, dataanalyst, or a DBadmin, I'm sureyou'll appreciate the hands-on examples and practices. They will help you understand the concepts and learn them by writing the advanced SQL code for MySQL.
If you have a tech background, you'll like the attached .md files with allthe SQLcode used in the course.
- Basics such as how to instal a database and SQLtools is not covered in the course.
- This course focuses on MySQL, notPostgreSQL (a new course focused on PostgreSQLcoming soon!).
Did you know?
- Did you know that even SQLcode can be beautiful?The more advanced SQLcode I wrote for MySQL or PostgreSQL, the more Ifocused on writing beautiful code. It's especially importantif you work with several colleagues on the same codebase.
- I recorded all the video content(5+ hours of final footage) in one day, from early morning to late night? I believe you need to get into the zone to produce great content,be creative or to learn efficiently. Thus I recommend the same to you:purchase this course, dedicate 1 full day to it, turn off your smartphone and learn, learn, learn.
- There's a quiz before and after the course. Take it to check your level of knowledge at the beginning of the course to assess your level of SQL&MySQLknowledge. Then take it after the course. If you learn nothing, ask for refund. (Although I'm certain this doesn't happen!)
- As a CTO, I'm responsible for HotelQuickly's product,engineering,technical infrastructure and databases - we useMySQL &PostgreSQL. Prior tojoining HotelQuicklyI spent 4 years working as a data warehouse consultant, developing and optimising data marts running onOracle.
Featured Testimonials (see them all on the bottom of this page)
- "Let's be clear: If you used only basics of the sql, you will definitely learn lots of new stuff here. This is definitely not the introductory course to MySQL and author will not waste your time by explaining basics to you. Author is very knowledgeable about the topic and you will surely learn, at least how to write well structured queries, and you can apply those immediately in your work. In first 3 chapters you will have a lot of explanations and practices to keep you busy."-Dusan Kostic (see full below)
- "SELECT*FROM `the_most_fascinating`.`course` :-) I really like it!!! Thank you a lot Michal for you very professional work!!" -Andrey Ivashkin
- "This is great course on MYSQL, I learned more here, than any other course I have taken so far."-David Abraham
- "Lots of stuff you can learn from this course. There are still more to MySQL than just creating databases. I would recommend anyone to take this course after they know the basics." -Raymond John Escobar
Enjoy &have fun with SQL &MySQL! :-)