Learn Python 3 from scratch! Build 10 network applications using Python and upgrade your Network Engineering skills!
What you'll learn:
- Master all the Python 3 key concepts starting from scratch. No prior Python knowledge is required!
- Apply your new Python 3 skills to build various tools for network interaction and make your job easier.
- Use Python 3 for connecting via SSH to any network device and reading/writing configuration from multiple devices simultaneously.
- Use Python 3 for establishing SSH sessions to network devices, extract parameters like the CPU utilization and build real-time graphs for performance monitoring.
- Use Python 3 for building an interactive subnet calculator with a user menu. The tool will return the network and broadcast addresses, the number of valid hosts per subnet, the wildcard mask and will generate random IP addresses from the subnet.
- Use Python 3 for building a basic packet sniffer, capturing and analyzing network packets (ARP, ICMP, BOOTP) and saving packet data to a log file.
- Use Python 3 for building a configuration change management tool that will extract the running config of a network device at specific time intervals, will compare it to the previous version, detect and highlight all the changes and send the network admin a nice and clean report via e-mail on a daily basis.
- Use Python 3 for building 5 additional network tools involving technologies such as SNMPv3, NMAP, DHCP Servers, LLDP and OSPF.
- Use Python 3 and specialized modules and commands to connect to and query network devices via an intermediary, remote Linux server.
- Get the full Python 3 code of 10 amazing network applications and customize each of them according to your networking needs.
- Get many other useful, free resources to enhance your learning experience: quizzes, notebooks (code samples), cheat sheet (syntax summary and examples), e-book (syntax guide).
- Get my full support for any question or issue. Udemy provides you with a 30-day money-back guarantee, full refund, no questions asked and a Certificate of Completion.
- Ask for a raise at your current job or apply for a better position using the network automation skills gained from this course.
✔ 15+ hours of Python 3 content designed for Network Engineers
✔ I am updating the course frequently with new videos and code
✔ I am answering all your questions, usually in less than 24 hours
✔ Full Python3 applications, quizzes and notebooks are included
✔ Python 3 cheat sheet and 200+ pages PDF e-book are included
✔ Udemy Bestselling Instructor with thousands of ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ reviews
✔ Over 100.000 satisfied students across several e-learning platforms
✔ Certificate of Completion is Included
"Have finished 35% of the course, so far it's the best Python-for-network-engineer course I have ever attended, fundamental topics are well demonstrated and explained, I strongly recommend this course to any network engineers who want to master Python in arelatively short period of time." by Parry Wang
✔ What others have to say about my Python courses?
Before you read what I have to say, see what my students are saying about my courses:
"What an incredible value and learning experience!"by Sean A.
"Excellent material. Kudos to a great instructor with a vast level of creativity."by Anthony W.
"I can say this man is going on smoothly and perfectly, explaining in the most empirical/foundational way."byKolapo A.
✔ What's this course all about?
Python Network Programming (version 3.7 and later) course aimed not only at network professionals, but at anyone having little or no experience in Python coding or network automation and a great desire tostart learning Python from scratch. This hands-on Python Network Programming training takes youfrom"Hello World!"to building 10 complex network applications with Python in no time.
During this course you will learn Python concepts which are relevant to your networking job andbuild some amazing network tools:
Introduction - What's This Course All About?
Python 3 - Basics
Python 3 - Strings
Python 3 - Numbers and Booleans
Python 3 - Lists
Python 3 - Sets
Python 3 - Tuples
Python 3 - Ranges
Python 3 - Dictionaries
Python 3 - Conditionals, Loops and Exceptions
Python 3 - Functions and Modules
Python 3 - File Operations
Python 3 - Regular Expressions
Python 3 - Classes and Objects
Python 3 - Advanced Concepts and Tools
Python 3 - Download the Cheat Sheet
Python 3 - Download the E-Book
Setting Up the Working Environment
Network Application #1 - Reading / Writing Device Configuration via SSH
Network Application #2 - Building an Interactive Subnet Calculator
Network Application #3 - Extracting Network Parameters & Building Graphs
Network Application #4 - Building a Basic Network Packet Sniffer
Network Application #5 - Config File Management and E-mail Notifications
[BONUS] Running Python Code via Remote Servers
[BONUS] Setting Up the Working Environment in GNS3
[BONUS] Network Application #6 - Read SNMPv3 objects with Python 3
[BONUS] Network Application #7 - Build a Basic NMAP Tool with Python 3
[BONUS] Network Application #8 - Build a Rogue DHCP Server Discovery Tool with Python 3
[BONUS] Network Application #9 - Filter and Monitor LLDPLog Messages with Python 3
[BONUS] Network Application #10 - Build an OSPF Network Discovery Tool with Python 3
Sounds unbelievable given your current programming experience? Well,it's true!How?
First, you will learn and practice every Python 3 key concept, which is explained in one or more video lectures, followed by a short quiz. Each video is filled with relevant examples, in alearn-by-doing fashionand thequizzes will help you consolidate the main ideas behind each Python topic.
After laying the foundation (and also exploring some advanced Python topics), you will dive right into thereal-life network scenariosand apply your knowledge to build10 great network toolsusing the power of Python.
Equipped with working files, cheat sheets andPython code samples, you will be able to work alongside me on each lecture and each application. I will provide thefull code for each application, so you cansave time and start coding and testingon the spot.
We will use emulated Arista vEOS switches in VirtualBox and/or GNS3 totest our Python apps in a network environment, so you can see the actual results of running your Pythoncode.
I encourage you to learn Python, anamazingly beginner-friendly programming languageand take your network engineering job to ahigher level of automation.
✔ What others have to say about this course?
"I have been programming since 1978 and wanted to learn python. I have had no java or OOP experience, and I tried several 'paper' tutorials but got little out of them. The first part of this course is a steady walk through the Python language at just the right speed. The instructor seems to touch all the basis in a logical and methodical way while providing examples and explanations. I can only conclude the instructor is a professional educator who spent considerable time structuring and organizing the course. The result is evident. THIS IS A GREAT WAY TO LEARN PYTHON!"by Larry Laswell
"I've tried learning from the books & multiple videos - most were too basic to make a practical app. Some books were too thick and made me sleep. But still none of the materials had the perfect balance like this course where all the basics were covered, instructions were concise, and Mihai walks you through how to create 7 practical apps step by step. I've also tried reading some advanced python book which didn't make sense because it was too advanced. Let me tell you, this is hands down "that course that takes you up to beyond the basics" to bridge you to the advance topics. Right now I'm hitting the advanced topics and it finally makes sense..."by Joon Park
"Usually I'm not doing courses review but this time I will make an exception. During time I took a lot of trainings but very few provided by Udemy proved as having the right approach in teaching the audience. I will mark this one as being one of my personal top three best trainings as content's quality, technical explanations, and additional learning materials perspective. Long story short this course is a very simple, straight forward way of learning Python for managing IT networks."by Johnny Stanescu
"This is a great course for network engineers who would like to start automating their tasks. Geared towards beginners, this course teaches the fundamentals of programming and applying those concepts to networking. There is a lot of fluff about python on the internet, however the instructor managed to put together the necessary information to start automating the network. A working knowledge of TCP/IP is needed to get the most out of this course. Should you understand every lecture, you will be ready to start writing your own scripts according to your needs. In particular, I loved the use of scapy, an amazing tool which should be in the arsenal of anyone working with TCP/IP."by Costin-Alin Neacsu
"I've seen the blueprint and some demo videos and I was convinced right away. Without a doubt, it's one of the best trainings a network engineer can have. It gives you actual valuable and marketable skills that you can use in your daily job. Mihai explains the topics really well, with practical examples making it a fun way to learn. Highly recommended."by Vlad Vlaicu
⚠ Important information before you enroll!
Don't forget you are covered by a 30-day money back guarantee, full refund, no questions asked.
Once enrolled, you have unlimited, 24/7, lifetime access to the course.
You will have instant and free access to any updates I'll add to the course.
You will benefit from my full support regarding any question you might have and your course colleagues will help you, as well.
Check out the promo video at the top of this page and some of the free preview videos before making any decision!
"I would firstly thank you for making this course . Secondly, i did like the approach. You understand the mindset of the beginner. I would recommend this course for all those who want to consider using Python for network automation." by Pramod Ramu
✔ Enroll NOWand hop on the Python Network Programming and Automation train. Let's get started!