What you'll learn:
- Describe what semantics is and how is it being used
- Describe what triples are and where they come from
- Load triples into a database
- Enable a triple index
- Write SPARQL queries
- Combine SPARQL queries and search in a multi-model NoSQL database
- Write path expressions to traverse a graph
- Describe what inferencing is and perform inference using ontologies and rules
- Update triples and graphs
In this hands-on training course you learn about the world of semantics and triples while using enterprise NoSQL multi-model database MarkLogic as your graph database for storing and querying triples while using open standards RDF and SPARQL.
In addition, learn how using a multi-model database allows you not only to create sophisticated queries against your triples, but also include other types of content, such as XML,JSON, and binarydocuments, in your real-time searches and transactional applications.
In this 8-hour course, you are provided with a free virtual machine that gives you the ability to do the entire course hands-on, at the same time as the instructor. As you go through the course hands-on, you learn how organizations are using semantics, where triples come from and how they can be created, the various triple formats, how to load triples into a MarkLogic database, how triples are stored in MarkLogic, how to generate a triple index, how to write SPARQL queries, how to write path expressions to traverse a graph, how to use inferencing to gain additional knowledge from triples, how to update triples, andhow to integrate search and SPARQL combination queries within an application.