What you'll learn:
- Learn to use SQL to execute queries against a database
- Learn to use SQL to retrieve data from a database
- Learn to use SQL to insert records in a database
- Learn to use SQL to update records in a database
- Learn to use SQL to delete records from a database
- Learn to use SQL to create new table in a database
- Learn to download and install oracle database
- Learn to connect to oracle database using TOAD
This course is a beginners introduction to SQL which stands for structured query language. It is the language used to communicate and manipulate databases.
In this course you will learn to C.R.U.D using SQL. C.R.U.D is an acronym for Create,Read,Update and Delete. These are the main functions that SQL can do on any database. There are other related tasks that SQL does or can do but the bulk of what it is used for is C.R.U.D.
The course is 100% video lectures structured in an orderly and easy to follow manner. It is advisable that you follow the course in the order of the lectures. The course is just under two hours long.
This course will give you the knowledge required to create ,read ,update and delete data from any database system using SQL. This is possible because SQL is a standard language and will perform C.R.U.D in the same way regardless of the type of database. This course will help you understand How to manipulate databases using SQL. Also you will learn how to retrieve only relevant data or information you need and order them in the way you want.
What you will Learn in this course includes :
How to write SELECT statements
How to create a table and a view
How to Update existing records in a database
How to Insert or add new records or data into a database.
How to delete a record from a database table
How to create a database report and export to excel
How to restrict and sort data returned by the SELECT query
How to use the WHERE Clause to filter data
How to use ORDER BY Clause to put retrieved data in order specified by table column