How to Start Your Own Design Company
What you'll learn:
- Develop a business plan for their own business.
- Analyze your company by completing an industry profile, customer profile, and SWOT analysis.
- Determine what type of legal entity best suits your business.
- Choose the right intellectual property protections for their own business.
- Outline a marketing strategy using the 4 P's of marketing.
- Calculate the break-even analysis and cash requirements for your business.
The Business of Design has been specifically designed for Creatives interested in starting their own business. After completing the Business of Design course, you will have a completed business plan, using a provided template, to help you get your business up and running. To help you complete your business plan you will explore four sections. In the first section,we will complete anindustry profile, customer profile, and SWOT analysis. You will be able to determine what type of legal entity best suits your business and we will look at how to choose the right intellectual property protections for yourown business after the second section. And in the third and fourth section, wewill explore marketing strategies and take you through step-by-step videos on the financial aspects of starting your business.
The course content should take you about three hours to review and then some additional hours as you take time between lectures to fill in your business plan template. You will find a number of templates, worksheets, and examples as you work through the course. There will also be a knowledge check at the beginning and end of the course to see what you know before you get started and after you finish.
You should take this course if you are interested in taking your talents to the next level by starting your own business.