What you'll learn:
- Have a detailed understanding of MongoDB databases and how they work
- Build knowledge across the MongoDB product ecosystem
- CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) Operations
- Query data using the Aggregation Framework
- Have extensive hands-on experience with Query, Projection and Aggregation Pipeline Operators
- Use Indexes to make your queries more efficient
- Understand different approaches to modelling data in MongoDB (Embedding vs Referencing)
- Use Drivers to connect MongoDB to applications (featuring Python)
MongoDB is one of the most in demand databases around despite being relatively new to the scene. In fact, MongoDB was created due to the limitations of traditional databases!
Due to the changing data demands of today and the growth in “big data”, traditional relational databases are finding it increasingly difficult to store this data and deliver performance.
MongoDB is able to handle large volumes of data while maximising performance and adopt a flexible schema approach, giving you ultimate flexibility when modelling data.
These are just a few of the reasons why MongoDB is rated as one of the top 5 most popular database systems in the world according to Statista (as of June 2021).
So if you work with data in any capacity and are looking to develop your experience of MongoDB then this is the perfect course for you!
The curriculum is comprehensive and is designed to take you from beginner to pro. The lectures in this course are arranged into short, bite-sized chunks.
Every module of the course has been individually tailored to give the optimal learning experience and keep you engaged. Modules are packed with:
Presentations + Walkthroughs
Assignments (with guided solutions)
As your instructor I have over 25,000 students enrolled in my courses and 10+ years of on the job experience consulting and working for a range of publicly listed companies. I have worked extensively with databases (both Relational and NoSQL) and I aim to use my expertise to deliver a great learning experience.
I hope to see you enrolled in the course!