Anthropology is the systematic study of humanity, with the goal of understanding our evolutionary origins, our distinctiveness as a species, and the great diversity in our forms of social existence across the world and through time.
3. From Ape to Human.
4. When Humans Were Scarce.
5. Why Is Africa Different?.
6. Malthusian Times.
7. Demographic Transition in Europe; Mortality Decline.
8. Demographic Transition in Europe; Fertility Decline.
9. Demographic Transition in Europe.
10. Quantitative Aspects.
11. Low Fertility in Developed Countries (Guest Lecture by Michael Teitelbaum).
12. Human and Environmental Impacts.
13. Fertility Attitudes and Practices.
14. Demographic Transition in Developing Countries.
15. Female Disadvantage.
16. Population in Traditional China.
17. Population in Modern China.
18. Economic Impact of Population Growth.
19. Economic Motivations for Fertility.
20. Teen Sexuality and Teen Pregnancy.
21. Global Demography of Abortion.
22. Media and the Fertility Transition in Developing Countries (Guest Lecture by William Ryerson).
23. Biology and History of Abortion.
24. Population and the Environment.
26. Population Growth: Density Effects.
25. Interactions with the Physical Environment.
1. Evolution of Sex and Reproductive Strategies.