This is the second course in the Google Data Analytics Certificate. These courses will equip you with the skills needed to apply to introductory-level data analyst jobs. You’ll build on your understanding of the topics that were introduced in the first Google Data Analytics Certificate course. The material will help you learn how to ask effective questions to make data-driven decisions, while connecting with stakeholders’ needs. Current Google data analysts will continue to instruct and provide you with hands-on ways to accomplish common data analyst tasks with the best tools and resources.
Learners who complete this certificate program will be equipped to apply for introductory-level jobs as data analysts. No previous experience is necessary.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Learn about effective questioning techniques that can help guide analysis.
- Gain an understanding of data-driven decision-making and how data analysts present findings.
- Explore a variety of real-world business scenarios to support an understanding of questioning and decision-making.
- Discover how and why spreadsheets are an important tool for data analysts.
- Examine the key ideas associated with structured thinking and how they can help analysts better understand problems and develop solutions.
- Learn strategies for managing the expectations of stakeholders while establishing clear communication with a data analytics team to achieve business objectives.
Asking effective questions
To do the job of a data analyst, you need to ask questions and problem-solve. In this part of the course, you’ll check out some common analysis problems and how analysts solve them. You will also learn about effective questioning techniques that can help guide your analysis.
Making data-driven decisions
In analytics, data drives decision making. In this part of the course, you’ll explore data of all kinds and its impact on decision making. You’ll also learn how to share your data through reports and dashboards.
Learning spreadsheet basics
Spreadsheets are an important data analytics tool. In this part of the course, you will learn both why and how data analysts use spreadsheets in their work. You will also explore how structured thinking can help analysts better understand problems and come up with solutions.
Always remember the stakeholder
Successful data analysts learn to balance needs and expectations. In this part of the course, you’ll learn strategies for managing the expectations of stakeholders while establishing clear communication with your team to achieve your objectives.