Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming
University of Edinburgh and Universidad ORT Uruguay via Coursera
- Your First Computer Program
- In this unit you’ll create your very first computer program! You’ll be introduced to basic programming concepts and you’ll familiarise yourself with Scratch.
- Code Gone Loopy!
- In this unit you’ll keep working with control structures, you’ll find out how to use events in your programs and how to incorporate visual and sound effects in Scratch. You’ll also start thinking about the requirements and the design of your program.
- Remixing Games
- In this unit you’ll have a go at modifying and extending existing games to create new versions. You’ll also learn about software engineering practices for testing and documenting your programs.
- Reusing Your Code
- In this unit you’ll be introduced to procedures and cloning in Scratch, and you’ll apply these ideas to reuse your code.
- Think Like a Software Engineer
- In this unit you’ll follow all the steps of software development to create a fun computer game. You’ll also learn about message broadcasting and concurrency.
Areti Manataki and Inés Friss de Kereki
- #1 in Subjects / Programming Languages / Scratch
4.3 rating, based on 12 Class Central reviews
4.7 rating at Coursera based on 3108 ratings
I finished this course last August. This was a five-week-long course. I finished all the lecture videos and quizzes for four days, with 2-3 hours of work per day. I had a bit of a background to programming since I learned it when I was in tenth grade,...
Khmer Han completed this course, spending 2 hours a week on it and found the course difficulty to be very easy.Oh! I'm so glad to find this at begining of year. It was gaily, cheerfully time what I have spent this course. Programing as game for to programe games.
In course Scratch framework is used, so if you never programe then start this course. It's very easy.
If you know a lot of programe-language - c, pascal, python etc - and you are very tired - start this course. Bright visualization of your code is so joyable, you'll surely get a good mood.
Siddharth Tiwari completed this course.i have never learn or design program in such a friendly manner if they introduce courses of java,html,php,ruby,matlab or etc it would be very helpful . this is course is very helpful for scratch programming thanks instructors for this
Jose Leal completed this course, spending 2 hours a week on it and found the course difficulty to be medium.Great course due to the teacher being a great communicator . If you are new to programming this class will walk you step by step in the process of programming.
Anonymous completed this course.I enjoy the course very much. It is well paced and the video managed to retain my attention as I am quite easily bored listening to lecture. I managed to learn how to program using Scratch. It is actually a very easy platform for people wanting to know more about programming.
I am Mohammedamin Geremew from Ethiopian . I have BSc in power engineering . I want to learn this course for my work support. So i am study strongly to know the all courses.
Juan Carlos Sanchez Mejia completed this course.this is a great course to understand how to program, in the easy way to develop the logic with a friendly user interface.
i like it
Vinisha Bhambhani completed this course.
Zoe Aukim completed this course.
Pawel Mirecki completed this course.
Martina Palazzolo completed this course.
Konstantina Mouratiadi completed this course.