By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Apply communication principles and techniques for in-person and virtual teams
• Use a science based approach to create impactful presentations
• Refine your communication style to better persuade and influence others
• Run more effective and impactful meetings
• Incorporate strategies to have positive difficult conversations and make people feel valued and listened to
*** This course will require you to record yourself speaking. Therefore you must have a phone/computer with a functional camera and microphone.***
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
Anyone looking for professional and/or leadership development. This class mainly uses examples from the professional, business environment. If you are looking to advance at your current organization or to enhancing your personal value for potential employers this course is for you.
WHAT MAKES THIS COURSE EFFECTIVE?
Many educational experiences describe and explain, but in this course we will apply and demonstrate. We teach practical and proven concepts, show you how to apply them and give you opportunities to practice them in a safe and supportive environment. This course is full of opportunities to put the ideas presented into practice and test their effectiveness for yourself.
WHY SHOULD YOU TAKE THIS COURSE?
We will challenge the preconceived ideas about what it means to be part of a virtual team, and support you to be a dynamic team contributor no matter where you work. In this course you can expect to be both energized and uncomfortable – like in most experiences that result in positive growth and change!
This course is offered through the University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies (https://learn.utoronto.ca/).