Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
• Understand how companies make investment decisions that create value for shareholders
• Use accounting statements to measure the financial health of a company
• Forecast and manage a company’s short- and long-term liquidity needs
• Measure the contribution of a new project or acquisition to shareholder value
• Incorporate risk into investment decisions using the appropriate discount rates
• Evaluate the performance of a company or divisions of a company
This course was previously entitled Financial Evaluation and Strategy: Corporate Finance. The course received an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 based on 177 reviews over the period of September 2015 through August 2016. A detailed breakdown of ratings and reviews received for the prior version of the course, which is identical in content to the current course, is provided in the course orientation page.
This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu.