Planning for your G Suite Deployment is the final course in the G Suite Administration series.
In this course, you will be introduced to Google's deployment methodology and best practices. You will take the role of Jon, the Technical Project Lead at Galaxy Sola. Your job is to deploy G Suite to your users with minimal disruption. You will focus on the core technical project areas of provisioning, mail flow, data migration and coexistence. You will review options with Tunj, the I.T Manager, and together you will develop a deployment strategy for each area.
You will also be introduced to the importance of Change Management in a G Suite deployment, ensuring that users make a smooth transition to G Suite and gain the benefits of work transformation through communications, support and training.
This course covers theoretical topics and is a reading-based course only. There are no hands on exercises so if you haven’t already done so, you should cancel your G Suite trial now to avoid any unwanted charges.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe Google's three phase deployment methodology.
- Describe the different types of domains that G Suite supports and explain how domains are provisioned in G Suite.
- Describe how users, groups and other objects are provisioned in G Suite.
- Discuss mail routing types and explain how routing should be configured during each phase of a G Suite deployment.
- Explain migration options and make recommendations based upon organizational needs/preferences.
- Describe how to migrate mail, calendar and contacts data using G Suite Migration for Microsoft Exchange (GSMME).
- Discuss coexistence challenges, in particular in relation to calendar coexistence.
- Explain Change Management and peoples natural resistance to change, and identify the top reasons why projects fail when Change Management is not considered.