User Research and Design
University of Minnesota via Coursera
In this course you will learn and practice techniques of user research and early UI design exploration. First, you will learn and practice several techniques for user research, including in-person research and survey and log-analysis techniques. Then, you will learn to analyze and deliver user research in forms that support UI design, including personas, use cases, tasks, and scenarios. Finally, you will learn and practice ideation techniques that start from user research and broadly generate potential design ideas.
- Note that weeks 1 and 2 form a cohesive whole, with more lecture content in week 1, and more practice (assignment and quizzing) in week 2.
- User Research Methods — Part 1
- User Research Methods — Part 2
- Analyzing and Delivering User Research
- The 3rd and 4th week of the course are intended to be a unit, with more lecture content in week 3, and more practice (assignment and quizzing) in week 4.
- Ideation and Idea Selection
Brent Hecht, Haiyi Zhu, Joseph A Konstan, Loren Terveen and Lana Yarosh