Registration is open from September 29 until November 14, 2014.
Portland Community College (PCC) leads by example in higher education with its focus on web accessibility training for online educators. D2L is a leader in the education technology industry for its focus on web accessibility issues as they relate to technology-driven learning environments. PCC and D2L are working together to offer this practical, hands-on MOOC to help all educators become more versed in the issues of web accessibility in online education.
Specifically, the following goals are to be achieved by course participants:
- 1. Build a personal knowledge base in web accessibility for online education
- 2. Create accessible photo images, diagrams, and charts for online courses
- 3. Create accessible audio and video components for online courses
- 4. Create accessible HTML content pages for online courses
- 5. Create accessible course content in other formats
Successful participants will have the option of receiving an electronic not-for-credit completion certificate from D2L at the end of the course. As this MOOC is intended to be an activity-based learning opportunity, participants will have successfully demonstrated knowledge about the major topics prior to being awarded a certificate.