This course is completely lab-based. There are no lectures or required reading sections. All of the learning content that you will need is embedded directly into the labs, right where and when you need it. Introductions to tools and technologies, references to additional content, video demonstrations, and code explanations are all built into the labs.
Some assessment questions will be presented during the labs. These questions will help you to prepare for the final assessment.
The course includes four modules, each of which contains three or more lab activities. The lab outline is provided below.
Module 1: Configure a Cloud Gateway and Devices
- Lab 1: Creating Your Cloud Gateway
- Lab 2: Getting Started with Your MXChip AZ3166 Device
- Lab 3: Implementing Simple Device-to-Cloud Communication
Module 2: Implement Device Communications
- Lab 1: Exploring the IoT SDKs
- Lab 2: Developing a Raspberry Pi Device Application
- Lab 3: Configuring and Securing IoT Hub Devices
Module 3: Manage Your Devices
- Lab 1: Provisioning Devices
- Lab 2: Automating Device Configuration and Management
- Lab 3: Managing IoT Hub Operations
Module 4: Develop Real-World Device Applications
- Lab 1: Evaluating Solution Design Goals
- Lab 2: Implementing Device Hardware and Software
- Lab 3: Archive Data for Cold Path Analytics
- Lab 4: Getting Started with IoT Edge