Amazon EMR is a service for processing vast amounts of data using open-source tools such as Apache Spark, Apache Hive, Apache HBase, Apache Flink, Apache Hudi, and Presto. You can use Amazon EMR to set up, operate, and scale your big data environments and automate time-consuming tasks like provisioning capacity and tuning clusters. In this course, you will learn the benefits, typical use cases, and technical concepts of Amazon EMR. You will have an opportunity to try the service through a demonstration using the AWS Management Console.
• Course level: Fundamental
• Duration: 1 hour
This course includes presentations, graphics, and a demonstration with the option to follow along.
In this course, you will learn to:
• Understand how Amazon EMR works.
• Understand the technical concepts of Amazon EMR.
• List typical use cases for Amazon EMR.
• Specify what it would take to implement Amazon EMR in a real-world scenario.
• Recognize the benefits of Amazon EMR.
• Explain the cost structure of Amazon EMR.
• Show how to use Amazon EMR from the AWS Management Console.
This course is intended for:
• Solutions architects
• Data engineers
• Business analysts
AWS Technical Essentials
• Amazon EMR Basics
• Amazon EMR Use Cases
• Amazon EMR Design and Cost Considerations
• Using Amazon EMR
• Learn More