On Demand | Demystifying Palliative Care
Brown University via Independent
After completing this course, the learner should be better able to:
- Differentiate between palliative care and hospice care.
- Describe the role of interprofessional palliative care team in the bio-psycho-social-spiritual care of persons living with serious illness and their family caregivers.
- Discuss the benefits of early integration of palliative care for persons living with serious illness and their family caregivers.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION & HOW TO RECEIVE CREDIT
There are no fees for participating in and receiving credit for this activity.
- Review the activity objectives, faculty information, and CME information prior to participating in the activity.
- View the CME presentation
- Pass the posttest with a passing score of 70% or greater
- Complete the CME activity evaluation at the conclusion of the activity in order to receive a credit certificate.
In accordance with the disclosure policy of the Brown University CME Office as well as standards set forth by the Accreditation Council on Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), speakers have been asked to disclose any relevant financial relationship with the manufacturers of any commercial products and/or provider of commercial services discussed in any educational presentation and with any commercial supporters or exhibitors of this activity.
The intent of this policy is not to prevent a speaker with a potential conflict of interest from making a presentation but to be identified openly so that the listener may form his/her own opinion. Any potential conflicts of interest have been resolved prior to this presentation.
This activity may include discussion of off-label or investigative drugs uses. Speakers are aware that it is their responsibility to disclose to the audience this information. Individual Faculty Disclosure information may be found in the conference handouts.
Disclosure/Conflict of Interest
The following speakers and planning committee members* have disclosed that they have no relevant financial relationships:
Susan DeSanto-Madeya, PhD, RN, FAAN
Linda Dziobek, RN*
Donna MacDonald, BSN, RN, OCN*
Diane C. Martins, PhD, RN, FAAN*
Jennifer Ritzau, MD
C. Kelly Smith, MSW*
Maria Sullivan, BS*
Disclaimer: This educational program is designed to present scientific information and opinion to Health professionals, to stimulate thought, and further investigation.