- Building web APIs
- What you should know
1. Dependency Injection in Web API
- What is dependency injection?
- Resolving dependencies with Unity
- Configuring the dependency resolver
- Scope of a dependency
2. Cross-Origin Requests in Web API
- What is CORS?
- Enabling CORS
- Setting CORS origins and HTTP methods
- Creating a custom CORS policy
3. Versioning APIs
- Why API versioning?
- Creating the first versioned controller
- Route versioning
- Query string versioning
- Version header versioning
4. Web API HTTP Message Handlers
- What is a message handler?
- Creating a custom message handler
- X-HTTP-Method-Override header
- Adding a custom response header
5. OData in Web API
- Setting up the environment
- Configuring the OData endpoint
- Creating the first OData controller
- Setting up a database
- Reading entities
- Creating and reading a single entity
- Updating and deleting an entity
6. Cookies in Web API
- What is a cookie?
- Setting and getting cookies in Web API
- Cookies using message handlers
7. Web API Hosting