This course is targeted to policy makers, policy influencers, public servants and administrative officials who at various levels are interested in entrepreneurship dynamics and are responsible for the design and the implementation of related policies.
The course is a joint initiative with UNCTAD, the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (http://unctad.org/) which has installed entrepreneurship centers, and is delivering Empretec, a behavioral entrepreneurship training programme (http://empretec.unctad.org), in 36 developing countries.
The course gathers leading experts from Polimi and UNCTAD to let the participants:
- Understand the role of policy makers in response of market failures in entrepreneurial activities.
- Learn that policy making can play a key role in shaping an ideal institutional setting for productive entrepreneurship.
- Learn about the Sustainable Development Goals and the role of entrepreneurship in meeting these challenges.
- Learn how to formulate a National Entrepreneurship Strategy.
- Understand the different ways through which policy making can influence entrepreneurship dynamics by acting on several domains of interest, including regulation, education, innovation, finance and networking.
- Learn on qualitative and quantitative indicators and methods which are useful to perform monitoring and evaluation functions.
- Understand the main logic behind monitoring and evaluation techniques.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the main rationales for policy interventions in the entrepreneurship domain.
- Analyse the characteristics of the vast array of policy measures implementable to sustain entrepreneurship in different countries.
- Explain the importance of performing monitoring and evaluation analyses of entrepreneurship policies in the related context and the main associated challenges.
You can access the course absolutely free of charge and completely online.
The course materials will still be available to all registered users for a long time, even after the closing of the edition.
No prerequisite knowledge is required.
The forum of this MOOC is freely accessible and participation is not guided; you can use it to compare yourself with other participants, or to discuss course contents with them.
QUIZZES AND SCORES
The course is organized into different weeks and modules. At the end of each week, you will find a quiz to check your understanding. The final grade for the course will be calculated based on your performance in the weekly quizzes.
CERTIFICATE OF ACCOMPLISHMENT
The Certificate of Accomplishment will be released to anyone who successfully completed the course by answering correctly to at least 60% of the questions by the end of the edition. You will be able to download the Certificate of Accomplishment directly on the website.
Pay attention: the certificate will be generated only after the closing of the edition. In order to view and download it you will have to wait a few days after the end date.
The Certificate of Accomplishment does not confer any academic credit, grade or degree.