Learners who complete this program should be equipped to apply for introductory-level jobs as project managers. No previous experience is necessary.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the significance of the project initiation phase of the project life cycle.
- Describe the key components of the project initiation phase.
- Determine a project’s benefits and costs.
- Define and create measurable project goals and deliverables.
- Define project scope and differentiate among tasks that are in-scope and out-of-scope.
- Understand how to manage scope creep to avoid impacting project goals.
- Define and measure a project’s success criteria.
- Complete a stakeholder analysis and explain its significance.
- Utilize RACI charts to define and communicate project team member responsibilities.
- Understand the key components of project charters and develop a project charter for project initiation.
- Evaluate various project management tools to meet project needs.