Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply each step of the UX design thinking framework (empathize, define, ideate, prototype, test) to create a responsive website.
- Plan information architecture and create sitemaps for website designs.
- Apply common layouts for web pages.
- Plan and conduct a usability study to gather feedback about designs.
- Iterate on designs based on research insights.
- Work with design systems.
- Add a new design project to your professional UX portfolio.
- [Optional] Create or update a UX-focused resume.
- [Optional] Learn how to search for and apply to introductory-level jobs in the field of UX.
This course is suitable for beginner-level UX designers who have completed the previous five courses of the Google UX Design Certificate. Alternatively, learners need to have a strong foundational understanding of the design process; experience creating wireframes, mockups, and prototypes; and the ability to conduct usability studies. No previous experience with Figma is required.