The format of the course is through a series of code tutorials. We will walk you through the creation of several apps that you can keep as a personal app toolbox. When you make your own apps after this course, you can bring in these capabilities as needed. When necessary we pop out of the code tutorials to talk about concepts at a higher level so that what you are programming makes sense.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Post Facebook, Twitter, Sina Weibo, Tencent Weibo messages to social media using single sign-on on behalf of a user.
2. Use OAuth 2.0 to securely authenticate to Instagram and retrieve photos on behalf of a user
4. Describe JSON’s syntax
5. Write well-formed JSON
6. Work with JSON data objects in Objective-C
7. Appropriately set the security settings for App Transport Security in iOS 9.0
8. Use http, https and https with perfect forward secrecy to fetch web resources
9. Obtain permissions to receive local push notifications
11. Write an app that can send and receive local push notifications
12. Obtain permissions to receive remote push notifications
13. Write an app that can receive remote push notifications
14. Authenticate using Apple’s cryptographic services such that the developer can use 3rd party infrastructure to send remote push notifications to their app.
15. Securely store data on the user’s device.
16. Authenticate using Apple’s cryptographic services such that they can deploy an app to the app store