In this class, we'll cover
- a writing sample and inspiration to improve form
- a writing sample and inspiration to improve legibility
- a writing sample and inspiration to improve speed, and
- review recent research findings on why handwriting is good for your brain
I'll demonstrate paper positions and grips, and we'll spend most of the time going over how to analyze your style (with an actual live (non-scripted!) student on camera, as well as samples prepared in advance).
I'll also encourage you to take on a beginners mindset. To see your handwriting improve, following along this class one time will probably not yield significant improvement - you will have to continue practicing in your own time to get the new handwriting style into your muscle memory.
But, the effort is worth it. Picking up a pen and writing with your hand can help you:
organize your thoughts and ideas,
recall important information,
calm your mind,
connect to your intuition, and
feed your inner artist.
And, like any other exercise you practice regularly, you will get much better at it over time.
I hope you'll join me.
What you’ll learn
- Critique your handwriting and compare to a "goal"
- Use tools, like custom-made guidelines
- Practice exercises to improve form, legibility, and speed
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- Bring a sample of your handwriting and a "goal" sample to track progress
Who this course is for:
- Students who want to improve their handwriting