The objective of this course is to learn the theory and practice behind building automatic translators (compilers) for higher level programming languages and to engineer and build key phases of a compiler in Java or C++ for a small language.Why Take This Course?
Take this course if you need to develop the skills necessary to work on create compilers and similar tools for modern operating systems and devices.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Compiler Phases
- Scanners & Parsers
- Semantic Analysis
- Syntax Directed Translation
- Control Structures and Back-patching
- Function and Procedure Calls & Runtime Organization
- Register Allocation & Instruction Selection
- Code layout and Code Generation
- Brief Introduction to Code Optimization