This class will teach you about the basic principles of 3D computer graphics: meshes, transforms, cameras, materials, lighting, and animation.
Interactive 3D Graphics
- Motivation and a trip down the graphics pipeline, laying out the fundamental processes.
- Points, Vectors, and Meshes
- The basics of 3D geometry definition.
- Colors and Materials
- Color representation, material computations, transparency.
- Translation, scale, rotate and how to properly combine all these.
- Transform representation and how to fully control these.
- Directional and point light sources.
- How the camera is defined.
- Textures and Reflections
- Color and opacity textures, along with reflection and normal mapping.
- Shader Programming
- An introduction to programming vertex and pixel shaders.
- Interaction and Animation
- How to select and make objects move.
- #2 in Subjects / Computer Science / Computer Graphics
4.3 rating, based on 6 Class Central reviews
George T completed this course.Great course and professor, who is participating in forums and answers to students' questions. Content can be intimidating at some points, but the course is self paced and the forums are (still) active and therefore you have all the time and help to fully grasp concepts.
G Giambo completed this course.I do not recommend this class. There are so many modules that consist of Eric Haines talking (he has a habit of talking too fast) and drawing out picture diagrams with his digital pen. If you do not mind sitting through several hours of these brief1
Shing completed this course.A wonderful course for 3D web-tech and Three.js .
Require some basic knowledge on 3D modeling and rendering to understand what the course is about.
Anonymous completed this course.Very good course to learn to create in 3d for the web and graphics concepts. Awesome professor - very helpful and active.
Prakritidev is taking this course right now.
Anders Perez is taking this course right now.