This course consists of 2 lessons. In the first lesson, you'll discover the importance of testing and reconsider its purpose and the value it provides. In the second lesson, you'll explore the Jasmine testing framework write your own test suites while developing an address book application.
Lesson 1: Rethinking Testing
From education to aerospace, tests provide invaluable feedback to those that analyze the results. In this lesson, you'll learn all about the importance of testing, how to identify the expectations a test is attempting to validate and how to write expectations in code.
- What is a test?
- Validating opinions
- Identifying and defining expectations
- Writing expectations in code
Lesson 2: Writing Test Suites
- Introduction to Jasmine
- Writing suites, specs and tests
- The red-green-refactor workflow cycle
- Testing asynchronous functionality