In this class you will learn how to debug programs systematically, how to automate the debugging process and build several automated debugging tools in Python.
Saarland University via Udacity
- How Debuggers work
- Theory: Scientific method and its application to debugging.,Fun fact: First bug in the history of computer science.,Practice: Building a simple tracer.
- Asserting Expectations
- Theory: Assertions in testing and in debugging.,Fun fact: The most expensive bug in history.,Practice: Improving the tracer.
- Simplifying Failures
- Theory: Strategy of simplifying failures. Binary search. Delta debugging principle.,Fun fact: Mozilla bugathon.,Practice: Building a delta debugger.
- Tracking Origins
- Theory: Cause-effect chain. Deduction. Dependencies. Slices.,Fun fact: Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson.,Practice: Improving the delta debugger.
- Reproducing Failures
- Theory: Types of bugs (Bohr bug, Heisenbug, Mandelbug, Schrodinbug). Systematic reproduction process.,Fun fact: Mad laptop bug.,Practice: Building a statistic debugging tool.
- Learning from Mistakes
- Theory: Bug database management. Classifying bugs. Bug maps. Learning from mistakes.,Fun fact: Programmer with the most buggy code.,Practice: Improving your tools and practicing on a real world bug database.
4.7 rating, based on 6 Class Central reviews
Very vital for all online users. Fantastic!
It worth the time and energy to undergo this course
it's very straight forward
Anonymous completed this course.There is no decent book about debugging in Python. And this course fills the gap. Good presentation, easily understandable and concentrates on essnetial. Students need intermediate programming skills in Python, understanding of OOP, DS and A. Highly recommended for every beginner programmer.
Anonymous completed this course.Very useful course and fills a gap - it gives much more information in this topic than anything I found before.
Anonymous completed this course.One of the top online courses i have taken till now. Carefully explains debbuging methodologies and exhibits with examples and quizes.
Mattia Monga completed this course, spending 8 hours a week on it and found the course difficulty to be medium.
Marat Minshin is taking this course right now, spending 5 hours a week on it and found the course difficulty to be medium.