oracle ZFS storage area network & network attached storage accessed by windows linux VMware redhat centos ubuntu
What you'll learn:
- Introduction and overview
- CentOS 7 and ZFS packages installation
- Data protection and RAID levels
- Creating a protected ZFS storage pool
- Discover ZFS file system features
- ZFS file system and ZFS Volumes creation
- Effectively use thin provisioning to maximize your storage utilization
- How to enable De-duplication and compression to save more space
- Creating and Destroying ZFS Snapshots
- Exporting ZFS file system as a NAS storage using NFS and samba
- Exporting ZFS Volume as a SAN storage using ISCSI
This course delivers Oracle ZFS leading technology to build advanced, professional and efficient storage that meets modern business needs and reduce the complexity and risk.
By using ZFS which becomes an open source technology now, you can build your own professional storage, which has almost the same features found in any commercial hardware storage.
In order to get benefit from this course, you should have some background about Linux administration since this course is completely built on open source Linux.
By the end of this course you will have a strong knowledge about ZFS and how you can build and administrate your professional storage box.