A step by step guide to making amazing and responsive Wordpress websites: a sleek business website, and an online resume
What you'll learn:
- Build a wordpress website from beginning to end from scratch.
- Pick out the proper domain name.
- Setup a hosting account
- Point their DNS to the appropriate hosting account.
- Install Wordpress using the easiest method out there.
- Search and demo themes
- Install any theme on their Wordpress website.
- Create an entire, responsive Wordpress website that animate as you scroll.
- Integrate with our twitter API so we can display our most recent tweets on our website.
- Implement a contact form.
- Create an entire online resume/portfolio
- Upload video and images to wordpress
- Show our latest Instagram posts on our website.
- Create a newsletter signup field that connects directly to a MailChimp account.
- Add live Chat to our websites.
- Get started making money building Wordpress websites (with my tips)
- No Coding
- No Prior Experience Required
- Free Theme for first website
This course was designed to teach anyone how to use wordpress to build websites by creating two amazing and professional looking websites. I believe that the best way to learn is by doing, and that is what we will do. This course operates under the assumption that the student knows nothing about wordpress, or building websites for that matter.
WARNING: If you are very well trained in Wordpress, this is not the course for you.
Here is a list of some of the things you will learn in this course:
- You will learn how to buy, and pick out a good domain name.
- You will setup a hosting account to host all of your websites.
- You will learn how to point your DNS to the correct hosting account.
- You will learn the easiest way to install wordpress on your URL.
- You will build 2 entire websites step by step.
- You will learn how to use plugins and widgets.
- You will learn how to integrate social aspects into your website.
- You will integrate our twitter, and instagram feeds into your websites.
- You will go over my "go to" contact form and SEO plugins.
- You will learn how to setup up your emails using our HostGator account and link them to our Gmail accounts.
- You will learn how to implement Live Chat into your website.
- I will give you guys some pointers on how to get started as a wordpress developer and how to make money starting out.
If you have been interested in making a website for your company, or just want to learn how to build wordpress websites, this course is for you. We will jump right into the process by selecting a domain name.(I will give you some pointers on how to pick out the proper domain name) We are then going to setup a hosting account, and if this seems daunting, don't worry because I will walk you through every step. It is then a short skip and a hop and our first website will be up and running. We then chisel down to the bedrock of this course, building our website. The first website will be built using a 100% free theme. After building an amazing and responsive one page business website, we will begin a second website. This will serve as a virtual resume, or online portfolio for the student. Before splitting ways, I will give you some of my newbie money making tips for beginners.