The fundamentals of sound in time, learn how to teach yourself to read, write basic rhythms and the skill to play them
What you'll learn:
- Read basic rhythms in any kind of instrument
- Write durations of sound by ear
- Understand the most important fundamentals of music: Beat, Tempo, Bars, Time Signatures etc
- Understand rhythmic values of Whole, half, quarter, eights and sixteenth notes
- Understand and apply rhythmical concepts of ties and dotted notes
- Understand and apply the concepts of accentuated notes, syncopation, and off beat notes
This course is about understanding the very basis of music: sound. More precisely of sound in time. No matter what kind of instrument or musical endeavor you're interested, the most fundamental concepts are always the basics of sound in time, the rhythm.
We take an approach to study the basics of music in a way everyone can learn with no past musical experience whatsoever.
It is directed toward people who wants to learn music by themselves.
We include tutorials, exercises, and dictations as our main way to understand and practice the concepts.
Our approach is 100% practical, you should be making some rhythms from the very beginning, and have some solid skills by the end of the course.
Is very important to take a course like this before trying to learn any instrument, or try to compose, because, you need a solid foundation that sometimes teachers don't have the time to share.