What you'll learn:
- Sketch and ink directly in Manga Studio 5 / Clip Studio Paint.
- Set up comic book pages and storylines.
- Import your artwork into the software and modify it digitally.
- Add color to artwork, including effects and gradients.
- Start painting digitally.
- Use an enormous library of materials, patterns, and 3D models in your art.
- Add lettering, captions, speech balloons, thought balloons, and other text effects.
- Letter with any font in your comic (I'll also show you how to install thousands of free fonts).
- Print your finished comic.
- Turn your finished comic into a PDF or CBZ file. This file can be opened by comic apps on your iPad or other tablet, phone, or desktop.
- Use my favorite keyboard shortcuts and auto-actions to work up to 50% faster.
- Use filters and tonal corrections to add special effects to your art.
- Use layers to make art that would be impossible on paper.
- Customize your workspace for a fast and efficient workflow.
- Use grids and rulers to give your work a professional look.
- Modify your art by cropping, resizing, copying, rotating, erasing, transforming, distorting, blurring, and much, much more.
- Use layer clipping and layer masks to make difficult art techniques easy.
- Use vectors to gain additional control over your art.
- Save files that can be opened in Photoshop and retain layers.
- Make illustrated books.
- Develop a workflow to build a comic or illustrated story from scratch.
If you want to make professional comics, then you want to work digitally. Manga Studio 5 / Clip Studio Paint is the cutting edge of comics software. Better for making comics than Photoshop and other art programs, it gives you infinite possibilities for telling your story. It has tons of tools designed just for comics, and it is the program of choice among professional comic artists.
Any type of story can be told with comics: Fantasy, superhero, mystery, science fiction, historical, western, nonfiction, romance, autobiographical, hard-boiled detective -- there is no limit to your imagination. New artists and storytelling techniques are being discovered every day.As the web becomes more visual, graphic storytelling is more important than ever. You can be part of this revolution.
Today there are more ways to release comics than ever before. You can work for a major publisher (like DC, Marvel, and Image), use a small press to print comics, put comics on a web page, release comics in digital formats like PDF and CBZ files,self-publish for Kindle, and much more. This course will give you tools to start doing all these things.
In over six hours of detailed lessons, I will give you a complete tour of Manga Studio 5 / Clip Studio Paint, show you how to set up your story,use every tool and effect,add colors and letters, andcreate an awesome product you can share with the world.
There's no reason to wait. You can start making comics TODAY. Sign up now to begin your career in comics.