What you'll learn:
- Gain a deep understanding of Tableau Public, Desktop, Prep, Online, Server, and Bridge from the perspective of a Professional Analyst
- Master the skills needed to create visually appealing and interactive data visualizations using Tableau
- Learn advanced techniques to manipulate and transform data in Tableau Prep
- Acquire the knowledge to publish and share data visualizations on Tableau Public, Tableau Online and Tableau Server
- Develop expertise in connecting to various data sources and creating data connections in Tableau
- Learn to build dynamic dashboards and interactive reports for effective data analysis and storytelling
- Discover best practices for designing intuitive and engaging data visualizations
- Understand the principles of data storytelling and how to effectively communicate insights through Tableau
- Prepare for Tableau certifications and gain confidence in passing them
- Increase your employability by understanding what employers and stakeholders value
Tableau Certification is becoming more prevalent these days and I'm not surprised. The demand for Data Skilled workers has been rising exponentially in the last couple of decades and believe it or not, there's a shortage. Companies are recruiting heavily and upskilling those they can. This is where you come in.
HOW IS THIS COURSE DIFFERENT FROM THE REST?
The only course on Udemy that teaches the complete Tableau Platform; Desktop, Online, Prep, Bridge and Conductor!
Most instructors only teach Tableau Desktop which is the visualization tool. I'll teach you the entire ecosystem from data cleansing and preparation, to data ETL, automation, Story Telling, Tableau Online and Server and much more.
WHO'S THIS FOR?
This course is designed specifically for those who do not have a data background or experience and want to be more efficient in the way they clean, prepare and share data.
It has also been designed specifically to pass the Tableau Certifications by preparing you for the Tableau Desktop Specialist Practice Exam as well as the others depending on how far you want to go. We'll be doing assignments and lessons throughout which mirror some of the Tableau Desktop Specialist Exam Questions.
EXAMS YOU'LL BE PREPARED FOR
Tableau Desktop Certification
Tableau Certified Associate
Tableau Certified Data Analyst
PROBLEMS YOU'VE EXPERIENCED WITH EXCEL IN THE PAST
Excel becomes slow or crashes when you have lots of rows of information or too many charts
It’s difficult to remember or write formulas
You can’t remember which file is the latest version and end up working on the wrong one
It’s annoying having to email multiple Excel files to the same people everyday
It takes hours create a usable and robust dashboard
Takes hours to investigate data and find patterns/trends
WHAT IS TABLEAU?
Tableau solves all the above issues!
The beauty of Tableau is its intuitive nature and makes it easy for anyone to learn it. When getting started its mainly drag-and-drop visualizations. What would usually take me hours/days in Excel I can do in a few minutes in Tableau.
Another advantage is that don’t need to have any programming/data experience like I did a few years ago! In fact, there is no programming to be done which is what makes this tool so desirable for beginners like you!
1. Tableau Desktop: 1 Hour Accelerator Program!
Connect to your Excel data using Drag-and-Drop
Basic Bar, Column, Line and Pie Charts
Colour Coding and Text Labels
One Click Calculations: Running Total, Moving Average and More
Building your first dashboard in seconds
Basic Formatting and Print to PDF/Image
2. Tableau Desktop: Beginner
Simple Charts: Pie, Bars, Area and Lines
How to Filter your data with a few clicks
Basic Arithmetic: Learn to add number fields together
Aggregates: Calculating Totals, Average, Maximum, Minimum, etc.
Another FREE eBOOK!!
3. Tableau Desktop: Intermediate
How to connect to data using Live and Extract methods
Cleaning Data: Splitting combined data into multiple columns
Create IF calculations, Rounding Numbers, Absolute Formula
How to extract letters/numbers from left and right side of text
Trimming extra spaces
Quick Table Calculations: Running Total, Percent of Total, Rank
Build maps in seconds using the double-click method
Create forecasts using drag-and-drop
Create interactive dashboards
4. Tableau Desktop: Expert
Add data to another table easily UNIONS
JOINS: Combine two tables together using a common field
Create a Reference and/or Trend line anywhere on your visualization
Use parameters to change values on the fly
Create sets to group your data for further analysis
Learn new visualizations such as Histograms, Funnels, Donuts, Dot Time, Jitter and more
Add additional views for Mobile and Tablet
6. Tableau Online – Cloud Platform for Data Sharing and Collaboration
Design an entire online site (Cloud) from scratch
Publish your dashboards to the Cloud
Learn collaboration filters such as subscriptions which send your dashboards to people on schedule everyday
Learn Alerts which send you an email when your charts reach a specific number
Manage an entire cloud platform and all it’s users
7. Tableau Prep – Data Cleansing that works 10 times faster than Excel
Combine similar terms together under one heading using “Group and Replace”
Convert all text to upper case or lower case in one click
Remove extra white spaces from the beginning or end of data
Join data together simply by dragging and dropping one on top of the other
Add data together by dropping one data underneath the other in one click
Create a flow that remembers how to clean so you can just press PLAY tomorrow and it will clean it for you just the way you told it to
Sign up today! It’s no risk to you with Udemy’s 30-day Money Back Guarantee, No Questions Asked!