1 in 6 women will get a heart attack or stroke in their lifetime...
What you'll learn:
- Identify risk factors for a stroke and a heart attack - those they can control and those they cannot
- Control the controllable, be aware of the others
- Greatly minimise their chances of a stroke/heart attack!
- Identify risk factors for heart attacks
- Learn many different ways to reduce stress - the big killer!
Notice: Please do NOT enrol on this course on impulse, thinking you might watch it later. Maybe show an interest on impulse, yes, but before you enrol, watch the Preview videos, read the Course Description and then make a decision. If you then enrol then please start the course as soon as possible. Watch the lectures, look at the workbooks and join in the discussions. Joining my courses is a serious business and I want you to get the most out of your study – but I also want you to enjoy the course.
That is why I am asking that you only enrol because you really want to and that you start the course intending to make full use of all the resources.
You will be very welcome.
This course now has a brand new section on preventing heart attacks in women.
THREE SHOCKING STATISTICS!
1. Stroke kills about twice as many women as breast cancer each year. In fact, stroke is the third leading cause of death for women. Stroke also kills more women than men each year. A stroke can leave you permanently disabled
Source: Women's Health
2. Stroke is no friend to women. It kills more women than men and women have more strokes than men.
Source: Stroke Org
3. There are TWO THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED AND THREE STUDENTS ON THIS COURSE (October 2019) but TWO have finished the course and only THIRTY have done more than 50%
There are MORE risk factors for women than men - but how many are well known? Even if you are aware of the risks do you know how to reduce them?
You have NOTHING to lose in taking this course - and everything to gain. But this course is not just for you but for your family, your friends, your partner, your neighbours - it is for everyone, but especially for women.
Let's cut to the chase: the aim of this course is to save your life.
The course includes a workbook:
Chapter 1 What causes TIAs?
Chapter 2 Studies
Chapter 3 Return to TIAs
Symptoms of a stroke
How a TIA is diagnosed
Chapter 4 Stroke quiz
(A link to a site that has a) stroke quiz
Chapter 5 Comments
Comments about TIAs
Chapter 6 Return to risk factors
Chapter 7 Chameleons, panic attacks and TIAs
Chapter 8 Food
Foods increasing stroke risk
Chapter 9 Dr Malcolm Kendrick
Very interesting extracts from his blog, about strokes
Chapter 10 Risk calculator
Links and explanations about various stroke risk calculators