- all health professions learners, example:
- medical students, resident physicians, dental students,
- nursing students, advanced practice nurses,
- social work, pharmacy student as graduate level learners
- as well as any and all health professionals interested in veteran-centered care
What You Will Learn:
This course will provide learners the opportunity to engage with material to facilitate their understanding of the origins of Academic Medical Centers and Veterans Administration affiliations, recognize and manage the influence of bias, class, and power on the clinical encounter and self-reflect on their biases that particularly affect U.S. military veterans. This course also features several video clips from the acclaimed documentary, Where Soldiers Come From, directed by Heather Courtney.
The views expressed in this course are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the position or the policy of the Department of Veterans Affairs or the U.S. government.