The “IX International Conference of Digital Education 2020” is carried out by Galileo University, Guatemala, from October 1st to October 2nd, 2020.
The online conference is considered to be the biggest academic event in Iberoamerica about digital education, bringing together more than 100 universities from the region. During the conference a series of 20+ events will be conducted by different Iberioamerican universities.
The event is free of charge. Register here.
After a year of rapid and significant changes in the higher education sector, the conference focuses on how digital transformation is changing teaching and learning. The topics of the conference will include:
- Digital transformation in the higher education entities: Challenges and opportunities.
- Rising trends in education
- Technologies for emergency remote education
- Management of educational innovation
- Digital transformation and capability strategies
The keynotes will be delivered by experts in digital education:
- Barbara Oakley, Professor of Engineering at Oakland University in Rochester, USA
- Emma Barrios Ipenza, Vice-Rector for Development and Digital Learning at Universidad Continental, Peru
- Virginia Rodes Udelar, Associate Professor and Coordinator of the Virtual Learning Environments Program of the and Co-Responsible of the Interdisciplinary Centre on Open and Accessible Educational Resources, Universidad de la República, Uruguay
- Anant Agarwal, Founder and CEO of edX and Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at MIT, USA
- Carlos Delgado Kloos, Vice President, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
- Dan Garcia, Teaching Professor in the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science department at UC Berkeley, USA
- David Joyner, Executive Director of Online Education & OMSCS in Georgia Tech’s College of Computing, USA
- Rocael Hernández Rizzardini, Director of Galileo Educational System (GES), Galileo University, Guatemala
- Vijay Kumar, Associate Dean of Digital Learning at MIT and the Executive Director of the Jameel World Education Lab (J-WEL), USA
About the Galileo University
The Galileo University in Guatemala is a promoter of Technology-Enhanced Learning. The university offers 50+ Massive Open Online Courses on edX, some of them are ranked among the Best Courses of All-Time. This year the university also hosts the 7th edition of the Learning with MOOCs Conference which will be carried out virtually. The IX International Conference of Digital Education 2020 is funded by European Commission through the PROXXI project.
Class Central is a media partner of the IX International Conference of Digital Education 2020.