In this specialization, application developers learn how to design, develop, and deploy applications that seamlessly integrate managed services from the Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants learn how to use GCP services and pre-trained machine learning APIs to build secure, scalable, and intelligent cloud-native applications. Learners can choose to complete labs in their favorite language: Node.js, Java, or Python.
This class is intended for application developers who want to build cloud-native applications or redesign existing applications that will run on Google Cloud Platform.
This course teaches participants the following skills:
• Use best practices for application development.
• Choose the appropriate data storage option for application data.
• Implement federated identity management.
• Develop loosely coupled application components or microservices.
• Integrate application components and data sources.
• Debug, trace, and monitor applications.
• Perform repeatable deployments with containers and deployment services.
• Choose the appropriate application runtime environment; use Google Kubernetes Engine as a runtime environment and later switch to a no-ops solution with Google App Engine flexible environment.