This startup operations course will examine the real-world operational challenges and execution risks associated with getting a new venture started. We will consider start-up ventures in a variety of industries. The course will provide you with a set of steps, frameworks, and tools that can be used to understand the important considerations for building a startup operation from scratch.
In each module, the students will be exposed to a different operations-related concept. Lecture notes, readings, and case studies will explore the key operations topics that are important for start-ups. Topics include:
- The role of Operations in Launching a New Venture
- Developing an Operations Mindset
- Using the Value Chain Canvas to document your Startup Operations
- Operational Risks and Challenges in Launching a New Venture
- Operations Metrics for Managing New Venture Performance