Learn front-end and hybrid mobile development, with server-side support, for implementing a multi-platform solution.
Ideally learners should complete the courses in the specified sequence. It is strongly recommended that the Angular course be completed before proceeding with the Ionic and Cordova and/or the NativeScript course.
Course 1: Front-End Web UI Frameworks and Tools: Bootstrap 4 - Offered by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. This course will give you an overview of client-side web UI frameworks, in ... Enroll for free.
Course 3: Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB - Offered by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. This course deals with all things server-side. We base the entire course ... Enroll for free.
At the end of this course you will:
- Be able to implement single page applications in Angular
- Be able to use various Angular features including directives, components and services
- Be able to implement a functional front-end web application using Angular
- Be able to use Angular Material and Angular Flex-Layout for designing responsive Angular applications
- Be able to use Observables and RxJS in the context of Angular applications
At the end of this course, you will be able to a)Set up, design and style a web page using Bootstrap 4 and its components, b) Create a responsive web page design, and c) Make use of web tools to setup and manage web sites.
This course also includes an honors track that enables you to work on your own project developing a website using Bootstrap 4.
This course deals with all things server-side. We base the entire course around the NodeJS platform. We start with a brief overview of the Web protocols: HTTP and HTTPS. We examine NodeJS and NodeJS modules: Express for building web servers. On the database side, we review basic CRUD operations, NoSQL databases, in particular MongoDB and Mongoose for accessing MongoDB from NodeJS. We examine the REST concepts and building a RESTful API. We touch upon authentication and security. Finally we review backend as a service (BaaS) approaches, including mobile BaaS, both open-source and commercial BaaS services.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of server-side concepts, CRUD and REST
- Build and configure a backend server using NodeJS framework
- Build a RESTful API for the front-end to access backend services