This Professional Certificate program is intended for anyone who is seeking to develop the job-ready skills, tools, and portfolio for an entry-level data analyst or data scientist position. No prior knowledge of R, or programming is required to get you started!
In this Data Analytics and Visualization with Excel and R Professional Certificate Program, you will dive into the role of a data analyst or data scientist and develop the essential skills you need work with a range of data sources and apply powerful tools, including Excel, Cognos Analytics, and the R programming language (including: ggplot2, Leaflet and R Shiny), towards becoming a data driven practitioner, and gaining a competitive edge in the job market.
By the end of this program, you will be able to explain the data analyst and data scientist roles. Skills you will developer and tools you will be exposed to in this program include:
- Excel spreadsheets to create charts and plots.
- Cognos Analytics to create interactive dashboards.
- Relational databases and query data using SQL statements.
- R programming language to complete the entire data analysis process - including data preparation, statistical analysis, data visualization, predictive modeling, and creating interactive data applications.
- Various methods to communicate your data findings and learn to prepare a report for stakeholders. This program is suitable for anyone with a passion for learning and does not require any prior data analysis, statistics, or programming experience.
Applied Learning Project
Throughout this Professional Certificate, you will also complete hands-on labs and projects to help you gain practical experience with Excel, Cognos Analytics, SQL, and the R programing language and related libraries for data science, including Tidyverse, Tidymodels, R Shiny, ggplot2, Leaflet, and rvest.
In the final course in this Professional Certificate, you will complete a capstone project that applies what you have learned to a challenge that requires data collection, analysis, basic hypothesis testing, visualization, and modelling to be performed on real-world datasets.