About this course
This course deals with the study of the basis in the metal and metalloid elements of the so-called Main Groups in the Periodic Table and their important role in Our Daily Life.
During the course, students will address the dissemination of the most relevant physical and chemical properties of these elements, which are commonly treated in a specific inorganic chemistry course, through the assistance of spectacular lab videos. In addition, the obtaining process of the most industrially demanded elements as well as basic chemicals derived from them, in conjunction with the study of their amazing applications in our daily life, will be extensively covered. The management of these skills are really valuable across many related occupations.
This course is great for anyone to start their studies in inorganic chemistry or individuals simply interested in understanding how these elements impact in our daily life. The review of essential key concepts in inorganic and general chemistry.
To complete the course successfully, basic knowledge in general chemistry is recommended, especially in acid-base and redox concepts. However, the course has been designed to be also accessible to less-qualified pubic, incorporating supporting material on the key concepts.
What you will learn:
- The interpretation of the most relevant physical and chemical properties of these elements.
- The analysis of general trends within each group of elements.
- The occurrence and the obtaining process of the most industrially demanded elements.
- The production of the main basic chemicals derived from them and their uses.
- Their amazing applications and how impact in our daily life.